Tuesday evening already. I am running out of week quickly, and I still have quite a bit to do. I really should not spend time writing this post tonight, but I honestly think I would feel worse if I did not take the time. Tonight I am going to spend some time thinking about what I have learned in the 81 days since I started this current journey. There will be no particular order to these thoughts, I am just going to post what comes across my mind. Here goes:
* I have learned that it is much easier to stay on plan, on track, the more people you tell what about your goal; this is not something that can be , or should be, done in isolation.
* I have learned that people will be incredibly supportive when they know you are working toward a goal. This support will come not only from family and friends, but also from from people you would have never expected to be supportive. Hell, even complete strangers will be supportive. It almost restores my faith in the human race.
* I have learned that I cannot keep easily consumed food available. If there is something I can just go grab out of the fridge, or out of cupboard, I will eat far to much of it. Even if it is healthy food. I use food as a drug: I eat when I am upset or angry, or, especially, when I am bored. However, if the food I have is something I actually have to do some work to before I can eat it, I will not eat except at meal times. If it is easy to eat, I will eat to much. If I have to work at it before getting a quick bite when I am eating for the wrong reasons I will find something else to do. Something easier.
* I have learned that I have to pay attention.
* I have learned that attitude is important; far more important than I have ever before believed.
* I have learned that I have to let go of the failures of the past. The past, my past, does not define you.
* I have learned that no matter how much of it I drink, no matter how hard I try to convince myself otherwise, I still think water, plain water, is bland, tasteless, and should be flavored, caffeinated, and preferably carbonated.